Wednesday 23 May 2012

What's in Season: May Vegetables


photo credit
 After reading this book I am really trying to pay attention to whats 'in season'.  I get so gloomy when the seasons change and in winter I tend to pretty much hibernate. I'm really trying to find more delight each time the winds changes and trying to pick out their unique and wonderful sides is a great start.  A good way to highlight them is with great food! I usually pay attention to what there seems to be a lot of at the market or on sale but thought it would be more useful if I actually wrote it down (maybe share a recipe or two). These lists will be relative to here in Toronto but will work for most of the United States too.

Here's what to expect for May the next time you hit the farmer's market

okra
zucchini
rhubarb
artichokes
asparagus
spring peas
broccoli
lettuce

Have you ever cooked with okra? It reminds me of this book. I think rhubarb is first on my list before the past due date creeps up on me, it reminds me of home.  Do you have a favorite on the list? I would love to hear your thoughts.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it