Tuesday 22 May 2012

What Are You Reading: French Woman Don't Get Fat

http://www.amazon.com/French-Women-Dont-Get-Fat/dp/0375710515/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1337697649&sr=1-1
photo

The French way of life has been popping up all over the place for me lately; like here and here.  So when I came across this book I thought I would see what the sudden fascination was about. This book had a lot of great things to say about how woman approach food and drink (I'm sure men can relate too!).  Mireille Guiliano pointed out some key things for me.  I really liked her constant reminder that food is a stimulation of the senses and her bit about how all water is not good water even if its fancied up with a pretty label.  Best thing about the book is being reminded that each season has its own style of fruits and pleasures to enjoy! I am going to try and follow the growing seasons a bit more and remember that just because I have a large selection to choose from at the market doesn't mean that it will taste the way it was meant too! 

Do you think you'll read the book?  Have you read it already?
 
ps. here's Mireille's latest cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it